NOURISHES POTTED PLANTS FROM SEED TO HARVEST
Maxfield’s Potting Soil is lovingly crafted with a unique formulation of locally sourced, organic ingredients chosen to encourage root development, increase nutrient uptake, and enhance water retention. Containing a generous helping of biodiversity and functional organic goodies, our holistic blend is designed to nurture your plants through all stages of growth.
1 BAG = 16 QUART (15.1 LITERS)
BASED ON 16 QUART BAG SIZE
|BAGS||1 BAG||2 BAGS||5 BAGS|
|GALLONS||4 GALLONS||8 GALLONS||20 GALLONS|
- Before planting check your pot or planter box for proper drainage and fill with potting soil to desired height based on the arrangement of your plants, seedlings, or seeds.
- Insert individual seeds or seedlings to the proper depth depending on the seed variety or size of seedling.
- Once everything is planted, fill in any spot to create an even plane of soil just shy of the pot’s rim.
- Gently press soil to desired level and water in completely.
- HELPFUL TIP: To ensure maximum success, be sure to plant seeds and seedlings at proper depth.
- SEEDLING TRAYS: Fill trays and pat down the soil slightly with your hands or a firming board. Plant seeds to recommended depth for each variety with your hands or a Dibber. Water thoroughly. Read what is the best time to eat dinner after seedling.
- TRANSPLANTING: Add 2-4 inches of soil to the bottom of the new pot (depending on the desired look) and moisten. Take your plant or seedling out of its container, gently loosen the roots, and position into the new pot. Fill in any open space and gently press soil to desired depth. Water thoroughly.