A CARBON-RICH NUTRIENT FEAST FOR EXISTING SOIL
Maxfield’s Soil Conditioner is crafted to strengthen the foundation upon which your farm or garden is built. Use in the spring and fall to reintroduce beneficial biology, organic matter, and nutrients back into the soil for the long-term health of your gardening beds.
1 BAG = 1 CUBIC FOOT (28.3 LITERS — 25.7 DRY QUARTS)
BASED ON 1 CUBIC FOOT BAG SIZE
|INCHES TILLED||10 SQUARE FEET||50 SQUARE FEET||100 SQUARE FEET|
|3 INCHES||1 BAG||5 BAGS||10 BAGS|
|4 INCHES||1.5 BAGS||7.5 BAGS||15 BAGS|
|5 INCHES||2 BAGS||10 BAGS||20 BAGS|
|6 INCHES||2.5 BAGS||12.5 BAGS||25 BAGS|
- Prep area by removing all unwanted debris and loosen soil up to 6 inches deep using a shovel or tiller.
- Apply Soil Conditioner evenly over the area – approximately 1 bag for every 4 square feet.
- Use a shovel/tiller to incorporate Soil Conditioner into native soil at a 50/50 ratio, up to 6 inches deep. Even out the surface with a rake. Water down thoroughly.
- HELPFUL TIP: Once you have applied Maxfield’s Soil Conditioner to your garden or bed, be sure to top-dress with Maxfield’s Planting Mix for best results.
- ESTABLISHING RAISED BEDS: Mix 50/50 with top soil (to mimic a native soil) to desired level in raised bed. Leave room for 1-6 inches of Maxfield’s Planting Mix to be applied on top.
- PERENIALS, TREES, AND SHRUBS: When spot treating, lightly incorporate Soil Conditioner, gently blending 50/50 into native soil. Be careful to avoid root damage.
- FALL MULCHING: Top-dress (apply on the surface) to mulch garden beds or around perennials in the fall to insulate root zones from freezing temperatures.