Maxfield’s Planting Mix is specially blended with organic goodness and biodiversity to boost the health of your plants and garden. Use year-round to protect and enhance the interconnections between your plants and the soil, ensuring vigorous growth and bountiful harvests.
1 BAG = 1 CUBIC FOOT (28.3 LITERS — 25.7 DRY QUARTS)
BASED ON 1 CUBIC FOOT BAG SIZE
|TOP-DRESS||10 SQUARE FEET||50 SQUARE FEET||100 SQUARE FEET|
|1 INCH||1 BAG||5 BAGS||10 BAGS|
|2 INCHES||2 BAGS||10 BAGS||20 BAGS|
|3 INCHES||3 BAGS||15 BAGS||30 BAGS|
|4 INCHES||4 BAGS||20 BAGS||40 BAGS|
- After incorporating Maxfield’s Soil Conditioner into the native soils or raised beds, layer 1- 6” of Maxfield’s Planting Mix evenly across the desired area.
- Smooth out the growing area with your hands or a rake and start planning your garden layout.
- Plant your seeds or seedlings directly into planting mix to proper depth based on seed variety or seedling height.
- PLANTING TREES AND SHRUBS: Clear a hole 2-3 inches larger than your root ball and blend excess native soil with Maxfield’s Planting Mix at a 3 to 1 ratio. Start by filling the 2-3 inches at the bottom of the hole. Massage the root out of the root ball and insert into the hole, filling in all available space around the root ball. Spread all excess around the base of the tree or shrub.
- ESTABLISHED PERENNIALS: Spreading Maxfield’s Planting Mix around the crown of your perennials will help shelter roots from extreme temperatures while slowly releasing nutrients throughout the season.