Ferti-lome Sphagnum Peat Moss is an excellent soil amendment because
of its capacity to retain water, aerate the soil and it is completely natural.
All of Ferti-lome’s Sphagnum Peat Moss packages carry the OMRI (Organic Material Review Institute) logo, which indicates that they are approved for use in organic production. Completely natural and organic, Sphagnum Peat Moss is the answer to both compact and loose soil conditions. All soils can benefit from the addition of Sphagnum Peat Moss. Sphagnum Peat Moss is also used in compost bins to enhance decomposition and reduce odor. OMRI listed 95% organic matter it’s the ultimate source of organic matter for all your landscaping projects.
Ferti-lome Sphagnum Peat Moss is recommended because of the following qualities:
- It adds body to light and sandy soil
- It aerates heavy and clay soil.
- It protects the soil from drying out and hardening.
- It reduces the possibility of erosion
- It facilitates hoeing.
- It reduces the loss of fertilizer by leaching.
- It saves water.